Clinical Research industry has reported wonderful growth in the past years and is in need for professionals that are well versed and educated. Beside the salary, the stream also presents a splendid opportunity for growth. Since Clinical Trials are an essential part to ensure that every drug and device is safe for human use and consumption, an individual may perceive a long-term career in this field that will come with its share of perks and incentives. Initially to start a career in Clinical Research successfully aspirant should complete 10+2 with science stream, post that they have to pursue BSc Clinical Research which is a 3 years bachelor’s degree. If the aspirant wants to pursue higher education in the same field they can enroll themselves for master’s program in Clinical Research - M.Sc. in Clinical Research helps the students to acquire the necessary skills which help in making good career in this field. This programmme caters to evolving industry demands and mould both fresher as well as experienced candidates to become exceptional professionals in the area of clinical research and healthcare. This billion dollar industry is already in need of skilled professionals. With a degree in Clinical Research, you can land jobs in top companies like Ranbaxy, Johnson and Johnson, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratory et cetera. Masters in Clinical Research may secure lucrative jobs in reputed Clinical Research and healthcare organizations (Hospitals, CROs, and Pharmaceutical industries) as:
• Programmer Clinical Research
• Clinical Research Associate
• Project Manager- Clinical Research
• Clinical Research Investigator
• Study Coordinator
• Data Manager / Biostatistician
• Regulatory Affairs Manager
• Clinical Trials Auditor
• Clinical Project Manager
• Clinical Research Manager
• Business Development Manager
• Drug Safety Associate
• Medical Writer etc.
• Clinical Data Manager
• Clinical Research Analyst
One can apply in the following fields, depending upon their area of interest:
• CRO(Contract Research Organizations)
• Pharmaceutical Industries
• Medical Device Companies
• PRO (Patient Recruitment Organizations)
• Clinical data management
• Medical writing
• Central lab
• Regulatory affairs
• Logistics and courier services
• Research sites
• Auditing of clinical trials
• Government Agencies
Following things come under the scope of work of Clinical Research Professionals:
• Clinical Research professionals supervise designing and writing of protocols, case report forms, and informed consent forms for clinical trials. They make sure that case report forms are reviewed timely and submitted to the data management group.
• Understand evolving regulatory processes, standards and practices of ICH GCP in the conduct of different therapeutic trials and Ensure that the trial progress is recorded, conducted and reported in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), ICH GCP & Protocol Specified guidelines, Good Clinical Practice (GCP), and the relevant Regulatory Requirements.
• Perform Ethics Committee Submission & Approval, coordinating Audit visits and Regulatory submissions.
• Perform Site management; Management of site staff & patients, patient recruitment & retention.
• Carrying out clinical study feasibility, handling trial documentation and trial logistics at site.
Take a step ahead in your career, still confused our experts can help you log on to www.icriindia.com
The writer of this content is a talented writer. ICRI is a reputed educational institute that offers many useful courses to the students including clinical research courses.